Friday 19 October 2012

Top Autobiographies-Man Down

Top Autobiographies - Man Down

This is an excerpt from my autobiography when a man was "electrocuted" and I "saved" him:


Some of the things I would do to avoid certain situations would be to volunteer for anything going, as long as it wasn’t anything to do with my proper job. I would for instance, volunteer for dining hall party. All this involved was cleaning and setting up the dining hall, washing up and making sure that all the sauces and condiments were full. It was great and gave me a break from the nervous tension I experienced whilst trying desperately to do my normal job. My superiors just thought I was great for volunteering and that’s the irony, I got a really good report.

Of course this was only a temporary reprieve and after the allotted time I was back in the MCO. Things didn’t all go badly, since there were times when a bit of luck would occasionally come my way. I was on the broadcast as usual when one of the electrical engineers began to repair a nearby radio. I took very little notice when all of a sudden he screamed out and began to shake violently from electrical shock. I sprang into action, surprising even myself. Spotting a wooden broom that was close by, I grabbed it and swiftly pushed the poor rating away from the radio. He immediately fell to the floor as I threw the broom to one side. As I was about to feel for a pulse, he suddenly jumped to his feet and walked off. At first I was completely baffled until I heard the applause from the onlookers. It had been an exercise and I had passed with flying colours but I felt annoyed. It had all been a ‘set up’ but nevertheless, I felt a great sense of pride.
If you'd like to read more about my incredibly varied and farcical life, then you can have a free preview here Running For Home

No comments:

Post a Comment