Saturday 26 January 2013

My book - Running For Home

Hi Everyone, my book Running For Home, was completed about a year ago now. So how has it done? Well I'm no expert on writing and if you've read my book then you will perhaps have noticed that but the whole point of writing it was to share my experiences with people and not to try to impress anyone. The point is, if it didn't go down well with some, then there is nothing I can do about it since that was/is my life, it's what happened whether I liked it or not. Sure, other people may have had more inspirational lives and have written better books but some of these people have had professional help. When I wrote my book I had no help whatsoever.

I figured that people would be more interested in what I did than how it was written. I could be wrong here but from some of the reviews I've had, it seems that I've done a reasonable job. At least I had a go at it and I hope that I can encourage others to have a go too.

Like newspapers, a lot of people seem to like celebrity Autobiographies, but I find these empty and sensationalist. I prefer down to earth stuff that's real, not exaggerated or hyped up in any way. It might make my work look dull and uninspiring but could it just be that we are so used to all the hype?

Anyway, thanks to everyone that read my book or even downloaded it. You know I never expected to be an author and I didn't expect it to get this far. Thanks for your support.

Chris http://goo.gl/D9kTI

No comments:

Post a Comment